- Ensure you are fully prepared for an OMA
- Audit of site processes includes interviews with key personnel
- Improve your OMA score
- Receive a report of key findings and actions
- Guidance from an expert environmental consultant
- Advice from an experienced auditor
Companies with an environmental permit or PPC permit may be subject to an Operator Monitoring Assessment (OMA) – an initiative that the Environment Agency uses to monitor emissions to air and water and drive necessary improvements. It is completed by the Environment Agency in the first year of a company being granted a permit and every four years if it already has a permit.
With the help of our environmental experts, EMS can help you ensure you are prepared for an OMA. They can carry out an independent pre-OMA audit that is consistent with the Environmental Agency criteria and provide a report that includes key findings and actions to improve the OMA score.
The pre-OMA service includes:
- A site inspection of monitoring and treatment processes
- Review of documentation and records associated with the monitoring and treatment protocols
- Informal interviews with key personnel
- A report of the audit findings
- An action plan to maximise the OMA audit score
Failure to plan in advance of an OMA often results in companies performing poorly, and the worst-case scenario is that a company is fined for having a poor OMA score. For this reason, the Environment Agency recommends a pre-OMA audit to identify monitoring issues needing improvement in advance of the OMA assessment. Other benefits of a pre-OMA audit include:
- An assessment of the quality and reliability of self monitoring, including services provided by external contractors
- Identifying monitoring shortfalls and potential areas for improvement
- Contributing to the targeting and prioritisation of independent monitoring of point source emissions
Related Case Studies
Accreditations & Awards
Flood resilience – is your business at risk and do you have a plan?
This blog discusses about effective business flood plans and how you can protect your business with one in place.